Unclaimed funds are funds held by the court for an owner that has either failed to claim the funds, failed to negotiate a payment of the funds, or cannot be located.
Searching for Unclaimed Funds
To search for unclaimed funds, use the Unclaimed Funds Locator at https://ucf.uscourts.gov (requires IE 9+ (Comptability Mode OFF), Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome). You may search all courts at once or search a particular court. To search for unclaimed funds for this court, use the dropdown menu to select ALMB - Middle District of Alabama and enter your applicable search criteria.
How to File for Unclaimed Funds
The party entitled to the funds or the party's agent must petition the court with an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds and provide the required documentation. Click on the links below for forms and instructions:
- Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
- Instructions for Filing Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
- Form AO 213P: Request for Payee Information and TIN Certification
- Form AO 213: Vendor Information/TIN Certification
- Form AO 215: Request to Determine Foreign Vendor Tax Payments
- IRS Forms W-8 / W-9
- Standard Form 1055
- Affidavit of Heirship
You may contact us by calling (334) 954-3800 and asking to speak to someone in the financial department.